T.E. Laboratories test fuels for microbial contamination. This is a condition that can lead to blocked filters, high water content and even pin-hole leaks in your tanks.
We now have a number of years’ experience in the testing of fuels in different sectors, from Oil Terminals and Storage Tanks to Ships and Motor-rail Units.
The effects of microbial contamination
- Severe corrosion to the base of the tank.
- Degradation of the fuel.
- Blocked fuel filters and motors to end users.
- High water level suspension in fuel.
- Poor fuel performance
- Reduction in fuel efficiency
- Cloudy fuel
Micro-organism growth in oil storage facilities.
An effective testing, treating and monitoring programme for your terminal.
Fuel storage systems may range in size from a few gallons, i.e. Boats, Road/Rail Transport Fleets, to several thousand gallons, having a holding time of a few days to several months.
Fuel may arrive from a variety of sources but, whatever its point of origin, it will most likely contain a proportion of water. In fact, the storage system's own humid environment will in itself create some water content, varying in volume from a few inches to several feet. It is never possible to drain off all the water unless specialized procedures are used.
TelLab has the solution
From a practical point of view the answer is to monitor the cause of fuel fouling, degradation and corrosion through examination of bacteriological quality of both fuel and water-bottom on a regular basis.
The TelLab Service
TelLab offer you a complete service including: fuel sampling and testing; report within 12 working days; treatment programme and an individually tailored programme of regular storage system monitoring and preventative maintenance.
We supply a biocide specifically to treat fuel systems. This biocide is biodegradable and provides a broad spectrum of cidal activity in both water and fuel phases in any large fuel storage system.
Our biocide is a specifically formulated microbiocide designed for use within the fuel storage tank's environment where "bugs" proliferate. It is highly effective at preventing the growth of micro-organisms in all liquid hydrocarbon fuels such as diesel fuel, home-heating oil and kerosene as well as petroleum feedstocks.
Long Term Fuel And Tank Preservation
TelLabs biocide is a partition biocide. Unlike other biocides, this built-in "time release" mechanism enables it to treat the fuel and water phases of any fuel storage system over a long period of time, even with the addition of new fuel. The success of this partition element present stems from the fact that it confers future protection against any dormant or newly introduced bacteria.
- Broad spectrum activity
- Eradication of microbial growth
- Effective in different fuel types
- Compatibility with fuel, fuel system components, and engines
- Lower dosage rate
- Proven effectiveness in actual field use
Full specification, dosage levels and safety details are available on all above products from email@example.com.
TelLab have launched a new product to the market called Fuelmonitrix.
Fuelmonitrix customer base
Fuelmonitrix is currently sold online at our website www.fuelmonitrix.ie
and through motor factors across Ireland.
- Car Hire Firms
- Fleet Management
- Bulk Distributors of Diesel/ Petrol
- Buyers of bulk fuel
Benefits of using Fuelmonitrix
If you are suspicious fuel was tampered, a Fuelmonitrix kit will prove whether you are right or wrong.
Customers use the Fuelmonitrix kit when:
- They believe the diesel maybe laundered or the petrol stretched
- For bulk deliveries of fuel, customers use the kit to test the fuel been delivered has not been tampered with
- In some instances bulk carriers of fuel may have transported agricultural diesel to a previous customer prior to transporting diesel or petrol to another. If the tank wasn’t washed correctly traces of the green diesel remaining in the tank may contaminate the diesel or petrol. A Fuelmonitrix kit gives garage owners peace of mind that the bulk fuel delivered to them is not contaminated with green diesel.
- Used to check warranty claims